Prof Rambukkana relocated to the MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine in 2010 from The Rockefeller University New York where he was a faculty member since 2000; his laboratory was funded mainly by NIH (NINDS and NIAID) grants. He obtained his PhD from the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and continued his first postdoctoral training in the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam. He then moved to Rockefeller University for his second postdoctoral training before obtaining his faculty position there. Prof Rambukkana is also a member of Edinburgh Infectious Diseases (EID) and Center for Neuroregeneration (CNR).
Past lab members and their current faculty / scientific positions
- 2001: Yoshihiro Shimoj, Chief Scientist, Bacterial and Parasitic Diseases Research Division, and visiting professor of Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, Chiba, Japan (Lab publications: PNAS, 1999; PLosOne 2011);
- 2003: Vincent Ng, Assistant professor of Biology, Northern Virginia Community College, Virginia, USA (Lab publications, PNAS 1999; Cell, 2000);
- 2006: Makato Ohinishi, Head, Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Health, Tokyo, Japan (lab publication: Nature Medicine, 2006);
- 2007: Nikos Tapinos, Assistant professor, Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, PA, USA (lab publications: Science, 2002; PNAS, 2005; J. Immunol. 2006; Nature Medicine, 2006);
- 2008: Ryan Raaum, Asst. Professor, Lehman College & The Graduate Center, The City University of New York, USA (Lab publication: Cell 2013);
- 2010: Jinrong Qu, Research Scientist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA (Lab publications: Cell 2013; F1000Research 2013; Cell Reprogam 2014);
- 2012: Justyna Cholewa-Waclaw, Research Associate, Adrian Bird’s Laboratory, Center for Cell Biology University of Edinburgh, UK (Lab publications: Cell 2013; Cell Reprogam 2014);
- 2012: Toshihiro Masaki, Professor, Teikyo University, Tokyo, Japan (Lab publications: Cell 2013; F1000Research 2013; Cell Reprogam 2014; Book Chapter 2014).